Afshan Syed

- The Ambitious Face of Fashion Design -


Name: Afshan syed
Age: 18
Ethnicity: Pakistani
Based: New Zealand

Tell us a little about yourself. Hobbies/Work/Ambitions?

“I love to experiment and explore different concepts. I am a down to earth person who loves a challenge, motivated to learn new skills and a friendly person. I have a collection of rings and crew necks (must have). If you approach me you will see an eager and serious attitude within but once you know me that all changes.

Why is fashion important to you?

“Fashion is important as it gives me a freedom to explore and express myself. I want to be original and develop my own style that people get inspired by. Fashion is a risk and I believe there is no right or wrong way of defining it. Fashion is within us, how we dress determines our identity, who we are as a true individual. "Discover yourself and remember that the world is your runway".

Where does your fashion inspiration come from?

“My fashion inspiration comes from many places like people around me, shops, media, fashion TV, magazines and observing people. I like to pull together my own outcomes, coming away from the mainstream. The most important inspiration will be where I was born, Pakistan. There is so much culture and accessories that can never be forgotten. Whenever I go back I come back with embroidery, handbags and tribal accessories which are so delicate and took hours in the production. I truly admire the traditional skills and beading works.

Where in the world would you like to continue your fashion industry adventures? Why?

“As a designer I would like contribute my fashion adventures in either NYC or Dubai.

What do you plan to do after your studies?

 “After studies I want to go around the world would be a huge dream of mine and experience the culture and the uniqueness all over.

Seeing you are hugely involved in ‘Instagram blogging’, what do you usually blog?

“I am an ‘Instagramer’. I post a lot of selfies of me wearing different makeup, shopping, accessories and design works. I see myself as a creative person who likes to be organised and set on what to do.”

What colours describe your personality the best?

“The colour that describes my personality would be purple, an ambition to strive.

Have you been updating yourself with New York Fashion Week Fall/Winter 2014? What was your favourite show?

“Fashion week: Ralph Lauren Safari meets ‘flight suit’, Marc Jacobs ‘immersive world’. Mercedes Benz spring/summer 2015 (Badgley Mischka)

Name two items of clothing that must never EVER be worn together?

You should never wear jeans and runners.

What is your Instagram name?



^ If you like what she has to say, check out her "Instagram" and give her a follow - Absolutely incredible design technique!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

✿ C o n t a c t ✿

briahna.patterson@live.com

✿ F a c e b o o k ✿

✿ I n s t a g r a m ✿