Allie O'Regan


'Summer Scene' - Model: Allie O'Regan from Ataahua Avenue - Hair/Makeup/Styling/Photography by Briahna Patterson

Name: Allie O'Regan
Age: 18
Agency: Ataahua Avenue
Height: 5.8 ft
Ethnicity: New Zealand European

How did you get into modelling and how long have you been doing it?
I have always been doing little things since I was younger. The modelling world has always fascinated me and I was constantly building my portfolio by doing little photo shoots with local photographers. It wasn't until I auditioned for Project Bloom that I got approached and scouted by Alistair Boyd who asked me to join his agency – Ataahua Avenue.

In your eyes, is modelling a passion or a Hobby?
For a while it was all I could ever think about doing with my life. I had such a supportive family that taking it further than a casual hobby was an option but when it really came down to it and being asked to move to other places I had to think about my schooling and now my study. For now I look at it as more of a hobby that I passionately do.

What is the best modelling job you have been offered so far?
In terms of personal achievement and what I would considered a personal best - Walking for the Revlon colour whip launch evening. I was so nervous that all I could dream about the week before was falling and doing something BAD to my face. It was probably one of the most professionally scary yet down to earth jobs I have ever experienced. However, all the jobs I have been offered have got me to where I am with modelling today so they have all been amazing in their own way!

What’s an unforgettable modelling job you have experienced?
Gavin Jaymes, by far! He was the one who taught me to explore outside of my comfort zone and be a model that no one will or can forget. He had an odd way of making me feel uncomfortably comfortable with the fact that I was taking a massive step forward into the modelling world by revealing myself to the camera in a different way.

What is your dream modelling destination?
New York. The modelling culture there is something entirely different to anywhere else.

What is your dream modelling job?
Editorial wise - Vogue. Definitely Vogue. But when it comes to cat walk a bit of Victoria Secret would be nice!

If full time modelling isn’t your thing, what else would you like to do?
I want to be a nurse or someone who can make a difference, I really want to help people and be that hand to hold when there’s nothing else to hold onto… As cheesy as that sounds, if I sound like a cheese-cake by being honest then that's fine by me haha.

Do you have a job as well as modelling?
Yup I work at a hospital rest-home retirement village.

Do you find it a battle working your modelling around your job?
At the moment I definitely do. I work almost every day during the week which stops me being able to commit to modelling jobs. This makes me miserable as I want to be able to do everything I can while the opportunity(s) is there.

What style of modelling would you like to concentrate on? e.g.: portrait, catwalk, editorial?
Probably a mix up between catwalk and editorial! They both offer different things. Catwalk gives me an entirely different rush than to what I get from editorial and vice versa. Catwalk is a then and there moment and editorial is something that sticks around.

Why is modelling important to you?
I’ve definitely received a lot of confidence from being a part of this culture. When I was younger I always considered myself as the ugly duckling - It makes me feel accepted for the skin I wear.

What are the highs and lows of modelling in your eyes?
I feel like I am soul searching thinking what to write haha! But the highs would be getting to meet all the influential people you do through modelling, getting their advice and being pushed to go further. But then again the lows of modelling can be the same thing - sometimes the people you get to meet just don't like or appreciate your look like others might do. Despite the amount of confidence I get from modelling, knocks can sometimes occur, it's all about being thick skinned and being able to take criticism on the chin or being able to use it to your advantage. If someone thinks your nose is too big or doesn't like your gap tooth you find someone who does and work it!

When you are modelling are you just as proud of who you are on stage as well as off stage?
Yes. I have worked my little tosh off to be able to do the things I have done in modelling. A more fierce side of me comes out when I am "on stage" which I am definitely proud of - but I am also proud of the person I am off stage cause without that person and that determination I wouldn't be where I am.

Do you have a nick name or a stage name when it comes to modelling?
Errr can't say I do! haha

Who is the best recommended photographer you have worked with? What stands out about their work?
The thing is all photographers are different. I can't pinpoint anyone as being better than another because they have all produced something different that is amazing in their own personal ways. To say one photographer should be more recommended than the other would be a lie cause it's all about what you're after and your own preference. Photographers treat their work like art and not every artist paints the same.

Does your mother agency really represent who you are?
In terms of my photos they definitely do. You can see who I am as a person in my images even if how you perceive them is different to someone else. I think it is hard for an agency to portray who you are as individual I think that's your own job as a model.
If you were given the choice to be signed to a top agency, who would it be? Wilhelmina Models in New York.
What is your opinion on the modelling world? Is it a fake environment? It's very easy for someone to sit there and say the modelling world is fake. Fake is a word that is almost permanently branded by those who look from the outside with a negative outlook. Too be honest I find modelling truthful and revealing I guess it's just how you choose to look at it. Yes there is the Photoshop and the touch ups but that doesn't make something fake, like I said, it's an art.
How do you take criticism? Just because someone doesn't like something about me whether it be my appearance of my personality, doesn't mean it is true. It's all about preference and not everyone likes the same things do they? I take it on the chin, I try to turn the negatives into something positive and try to learn from it or learn how to use it my advantage.
Do you have a secret talent that you are willing to expose? I can move my nose like a bunny rabbit really fast. It’s kind of creepy but kind of cool.
Who is your all-time favourite model(s)? I can't choose. I have favourites due to different things. I love Coco Rocha, Miranda Kerr, Bambi, Rosie H.W - all for different reasons as they're all different.
Are your favourite models an inspiration to your modelling life? Why?
They're all inspirations to me. In my opinion they made it in a world that can be so soul destroying and that is admirable.
Is there anything you wouldn’t do for modelling?
I would never sell myself or do something I don't feel connected too. If someone asked me to do something and I don't feel connected to it I'm not going to do it just because it's "popular" or "in right now". If a popular fashion label asked me to wear fur on the cat-walk I would say no because I don’t believe in wearing an animal’s skin for fashion. It’s just how I am.
What makes wellingtons fashion unique?
I guess the fact that everyone views fashion differently. The idea that difference is unique.
What's your favourite outfit from your own closet? Do you have your own personal uniform?
This may sound terrible but my comfy pants... they go hand in hand with ice-cream and an ugly cry. But if I'm too be fashion savvy probably my silky crop single from ASOS. My "uniform" is whatever makes me feel beautiful and comfortable on that day.
Describe the atmosphere when you're on a shoot. Do you play music? Do you talk with the photographer between shots? Every photo shoot is different in its own way. On one of my shoots the photographer played music and it really set an atmosphere and made me feel adventurous. Sometimes the atmosphere can be awkward but it's all about what you make of it and how you act. See more of Allie's Images here: Summer Scene White Noise
'Summer Scene' - Model: Allie O'Regan from Ataahua Avenue - Hair/Makeup/Styling/Photography by Briahna Patterson

'White Noise' - Model: Allie O'Regan from Ataahua Avenue - Hair/Makeup/Styling/Photography by Briahna Patterson


'White Noise' - Model: Allie O'Regan from Ataahua Avenue - Hair/Makeup/Styling/Photography by Briahna Patterson

'White Noise' - Model: Allie O'Regan from Ataahua Avenue - Hair/Makeup/Styling/Photography by Briahna Patterson




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

✿ C o n t a c t ✿

briahna.patterson@live.com

✿ F a c e b o o k ✿

✿ I n s t a g r a m ✿