Kimberley Sarten

Kim Sarten - Photo by Briahna Patterson

Name: Kimberley Sarten
Nickname:
Kim
Agency:
Voda Model Management & KHM Management
Age:
17
Ethnicity:
New Zealand European
Height:
5ft 8

How did you get into modelling and how long have you been doing it?
It’s pretty recent since I’ve started, I have been involved in the modelling world for a few months. I have done a couple of shoots and I had my first runway and posture coaching today with Voda Model Management. I was recommended to a couple of agencies and KHM and VMM took me on with modelling as well as talent (acting).

Kim at her first Catwalk Workshop - Photo by Briahna Patterson

Kim at her first Catwalk Workshop - Photo by Briahna Patterson

In your eyes, is modelling a passion or a hobby?
At the moment it seems like a hobby, but it is definitely something that I can see growing into a passion if I continue modelling with a lot of dedication and get to where I want to be.

If full-time modelling doesn’t work out for you, what would you like to do instead?
Acting, I’m a drama queen.

Where would you want to do acting?
I don’t know as such yet. Where ever I guess, I just love it. If it all falls through then definitely theatre or Broadway overseas.

What is your dream destination if you were to carry on your modelling career?
New York, America.

What is the most exciting modelling job you have experienced, although you have only done a couple of shoots?
Definitely would have to be you, Briahna Patterson, as well as ‘Paul Maka-Kea’ at ‘Look at Me Studio’s’.

Who is your favourite model? Why?
Oh, either Cara Delevingne or Miranda Kerr. I like Cara as she seems to come across as the most down to earth person and so natural. Miranda is just one of the models that I first heard about when I started getting into fashion and modelling.

Have you researched any photographers that you would love to work with in the future?
No, I don’t know any photographers except the local photographers you have introduced me to so far.

Who is your favourite fashion label?
I don’t know actually, I like the real classical stuff, you know? American titles honestly. I am not really a big observer of expensive fashion labels, I just buy what I like and what suits me.  I like looking into designer stuff around town like ‘Ruby’ and ‘Country Road’. I think if I moved over to America I would gain knowledge fast on anything that revolves around fashion.

What is your favourite item of clothing?
Oh, my shorts. They are designed and made by ‘Paper Heart’. They are lime green and floral patterned. Pretty bright and bold citrus colours for summertime.

Kim's 'Paper Heart' Floral Shorts - Photo by Briahna Patterson

Kim's 'Paper Heart' Floral Shorts - Photo by Briahna Patterson


Why is modelling important to you at this stage?
I quite like the idea of Voda Model Management, they have a slogan about looking good on the outside and promoting ‘beauty on the inside as well as the outside’. I just like that you can, you know, have a photo of something that I can look back on when I’m all old and wrinkly and be proud of and admire what I looked like when I was younger.

Is there any style of modelling that you want to concentrate on? Catwalk? Editorial?
I would love to concentrate on catwalk, but my build, I’m not really that tall. It’s definitely so cool though.

Kim Practicing the Catwalk for the First Time - Photo by Briahna Patterson

What are your highs and lows of the modelling industry?
I would definitely say the confidence that you would get from it is quite cool. It just makes you feel so attractive and you get more in touch with the fashion and understand more about it. The lows I think are definitely the awareness of how you look and how you compare yourself with everyone and how you are told you look with negative comments, criticism and rejection. But then again, it will open me up to the right sort of criticism that I can work on and the wrong criticism that I don’t want to hear.

Do you have a dream agency? Have you looked into anything?
Probably 62 Models or Red 11. I consider those agencies the best in New Zealand. If I was signed it wouldn’t be much of a move from home and school/university.

Is there anything you ‘wouldn’t’ do for modelling?
Full on Nude. Some shirtless pictures I have seen in editorials are quite natural and beautiful, only when they do it right otherwise it looks grotty.

Do you enjoy who you are in front of the camera as well as behind the camera?
I’m really growing to feel more comfortable in front of the camera. It began as something quite new and weird to me but, it just gets so much easier. I don’t know, it just feels the same really.

Kim's Submission Shoot - 'Leaking Sunshine' - Photo by Briahna Patterson
More Photo's of Kim Here: http://briphotography.4ormat.com/leaking-sunshine

Kim's Submission Shoot - 'Leaking Sunshine' - Photo by Briahna Patterson
More Photo's of Kim Here: http://briphotography.4ormat.com/leaking-sunshine

If you recommended a modelling agency to a friend, what would you say?
If I was to tell someone to apply at (for example) Voda Model Management, I would say that they are probably the best place to start off your modelling career. It seems like they have got a lot of push and drive and there isn’t much criticism or rejection involved. It’s definitely a good place to start.

What are your opinions on the modelling industry? Real or Fake?
I think it is a place that is for strong people, honestly, you can’t go in if you are self-conscious because it will tear you to pieces. But it is definitely something that is a place of promotion for good looks. It’s a serious industry and you have to go in there with full awareness of what you are getting yourself into. It also depends on how you want to pursue your career as a model. If you want to live a real life then do so, if you enter a fake world then it will just be a whole lot harder to achieve your goals.

How do you take criticism?
I feel like, criticism on my personality or my reputation, I can’t handle it. But constructive criticism on my appearance can either help me or make me realise what’s wrong with what I am doing. On the other hand, if it is something I physically can’t fix, I think I would just get a bit paranoid. If someone commented on my nose or something, I would kind of hide it or tilt my face to the best angle possible that can hide that particular flaw.

Do you have a secret talent that you are willing to share with us?
Oh, I am just and ‘amazing actress’. No, just kidding but I do love it. I probably will get an award for it at prize giving – yay!

What is most rewarding to you when it comes to modelling? Is it the money or producing a final product?
Producing the final product. I love to see how I can look like a whole different person in a shoot and each time you just look completely different. It is so refreshing to see how many looks you can pull of in front of the camera.

Kims best feature - Legs - Photo by Briahna Patterson

Kim's Natural Pose - Photo by Briahna Patterson
Kim chaginging shoes after a long 3 hours in heels at the Catwalk Workshop at VMM - Photo by Briahna Patterson

Kim posing at a 'Havana's Coffee Workshop' Shoot - Photo by Briahna Patterson
See more photo's of Kim here: http://briphotography.4ormat.com/havana-s-coffee-workshop

Kim naturally posing infront of Parliment Buildings - Photo by Briahna Patterson
See more photo's of Kim here: http://briphotography.4ormat.com/sixties-cocktail

Kim posing at a 'Havana's Coffee Workshop' Shoot - Photo by Briahna Patterson
See more photo's of Kim here: http://briphotography.4ormat.com/havana-s-coffee-workshop

Kim is living up the 'Greek Dream' - Photo by Briahna Patterson
See more photo's of Kim here: http://briphotography.4ormat.com/a-greek-dream
Kim hanging about in an 'Urban Couture' way - Photo by Briahna Patterson
See more Photo's of Kim here: http://briphotography.4ormat.com/urban-couture






0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

✿ C o n t a c t ✿

briahna.patterson@live.com

✿ F a c e b o o k ✿

✿ I n s t a g r a m ✿