Eileen Donovan

Golden Smoke - Model: Eileen Donovan from KHM and VMM - Hair/Makeup & Photography by Briahna Patterson
Name: Eileen Donovan
Age: 17
Agency: Kimberly Hill Management (Auckland), Voda Model Management (Wellington)
Height: 181 cm / 6ft
Ethnicity: Caucasian

How did you get into modelling and how long has it been a part of your life?
My dad had a wee passion for photography so I was always in front of a camera growing up, I got into it by just doing random shoots. I was emailing them to agencies just to see how well I would do. That’s when I got signed with KHM. Voda approached me after seeing some of my photos. They seemed like a great wee agency to gain experience with. My best decision yet was to sign with them, they're a close knit bunch of people who are really passionate about their work. I’ve been modelling now for about a year!


Eileen infront of the Camera at NZ Wellington Fashion Tech Show 2013 - Hair and Photography by Briahna Patterson

In your eyes, is modelling a passion or a hobby?
Modelling is more of hobby for me, my real passion is clothes (I work at Glassons so comes hand in hand). Ultimately I want to become a famous fashion journalist. The modelling helps as it’s an awesome way to branch out into the fashion industry and to network yourself.

What is the best modelling job you have been offered so far?
All shoots and jobs have been fun but the highlight was a show for Toni and Guy. I met so many amazing models, got a cool new hairstyle out of it and was involved in a great show.

What is an unforgettable modelling job you have experienced?
An unforgettable modelling job would probably be my first ever shoot with Gavin Jaymes. The pictures turned out amazing (he is an incredible photographer) and it was a huge confidence boost to get out into the modelling world.

What is your dream modelling destination?
My dream modelling job would probably be for Dolce and Gabbana haha. I have a bit of obsession with their sunnies (my prize possession is my D&G sunglasses). It would truly be a dream come true. Either that or modelling with Chris Hemsworth, yum!

If full time modelling isn’t your thing, what else would you like to do?
Journalism! I'd love to write for Vogue, or more realistically the Cosmopolitan Magazine! Working with stars and being constantly involved in fashion would be amazing.

Do you have a job as well as modelling?
Right now I work at Glassons, which is absolutely amazing! I'm also about to begin University, studying for a Bachelor of Communications (journalism). I'm a busy bee!

Do you find it a battle working your modelling around your Glassons job?
It's never a battle, my boss is amazing and I can always get time off when needed.

What style of modelling would you like to concentrate on? Catwalk? Editorial? Portraiture?
Editorial is my thing, I'm not a skinny wee thing so catwalk isn't a huge priority. I love editorial and doing interesting shoots. The finished outcome is always amazing to see.

Why is modelling important to you?
Modelling is important to me because I want to be able to show everything that you don't have to be this super skinny girl to look beautiful. I've always been super self-conscious about being tall and a size 10, but now that I know what I'm capable of, I want to be an inspiration.

What are the highs and lows of modelling from your point of view?
The highs of modelling are meeting all the amazing people you meet and getting to wear awesome clothes and having your makeup done! It's basically a girls dream. It's also great seeing an amazing finished outcome haha. Lows are that it's very stereotyped. People think that you HAVE to be super skinny and that's just not me!

When you are modelling, are you just as proud of who you are on stage as well as off stage?
I'm proud when I am on stage because I'm not a typical model, I like showing off the big butt and curves I have! I am proud off stage too. I'm a hard worker who works hard at my job and I have huge dreams that I am determined to for fill.

Do you have a nick-name or a stage name?
Haha no stage name! Or nickname!

Who is the best recommended photographer you have worked with? What stands out about their work?
I couldn't pick a best photographer, all of them have their own unique characteristics and all have different styles of work.

Does your mother agency really represent who you are?
Both agencies represent who I am, I am a super strong minded person though and I don't need any help representing myself haha.

If you were given the choice to be signed to a top agency, who would it be?
In NZ it would be great to be signed with 62 Models, I know their girls get a lot of amazing opportunities, but right now I am happy where I am. The models and photographers are all amazing and as I am about to be concentrating on university, it’s not a priority getting signed with some fancy agency.

What is your opinion on the modelling world? Is it a fake environment?
It depends who you work with, I've never worked with a model or photographer who seems fake. Obviously photos are all doctored and edited but that doesn't make the modelling world fake. Fake is people who put up a front and won't show their true personality.

How do you take Criticism?
I take criticism on the chin. I've never been one to care about what people think of me and won't ever be that person. I have a unique style and know I’m not a typical model. If people want to criticise me they can go right ahead, everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Obviously I’ll always listen to what my agencies have to say, if they believe there is something I need to work on then I’ll work on it.

Do you have a secret talent that you are willing to expose with us?
Most people don't know that I have been playing the piano for 13 years. I don't play much now with study, work and modelling but I'm good at it, I won’t lie haha.

Who is your favourite model?

Cara Delevingne! I have massive eyebrows and so does she haha. I also love Denise Bidot, she's stunning and a big model. She is a true inspiration to all girls who think they're too big to be beautiful!

Why are these models an inspiration to you?
Denise Bidot is, she inspires me to be happy in the skin I’m in and to be proud of the curves I've got. I'll never change because people think I'm too fat, just like she refused to change.

Is there anything you wouldn’t do for modelling?
I would never pose fully nude, my bits are my bits and not for the whole world to see haha. Bare back and a bit of boob are fine but not full on nudy rudey!!!

Who is someone that you would love to have the opportunity to work with/for?

That person who’s photography we were looking at! I can't remember the name now but we were looking at photos to imitate. Oh that’s right! Kristina Yenko!

See more of Eileens 'Golden Smoke' photo's here: Briahna Patterson Photography


Golden Smoke - Model: Eileen Donovan from KHM and VMM - Hair/Makeup & Photography by Briahna Patterson

Golden Smoke - Model: Eileen Donovan from KHM and VMM - Hair/Makeup & Photography by Briahna Patterson

Golden Smoke - Model: Eileen Donovan from KHM and VMM - Hair/Makeup & Photography by Briahna Patterson

Golden Smoke - Model: Eileen Donovan from KHM and VMM - Hair/Makeup & Photography by Briahna Patterson

Golden Smoke - Model: Eileen Donovan from KHM and VMM - Hair/Makeup & Photography by Briahna Patterson

Golden Smoke - Model: Eileen Donovan from KHM and VMM - Hair/Makeup & Photography by Briahna Patterson



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

✿ C o n t a c t ✿

briahna.patterson@live.com

✿ F a c e b o o k ✿

✿ I n s t a g r a m ✿